Daniel Ballesteros Chávez
My research is on elliptic partial differential equations of fully nonlinear type
that appear in geometric problems, for instance, prescribed curvature. A classical
problem of this type is the Minkowski problem. I am also interested in the geometry
of hypersurfaces in both Riemannian and semi-Riemannian manifolds.
- "Sobre el problema no lineal de k-curvatura prescrita en hipersuperficies del espacio hiperbólico y de Sitter". Mexican Mathematicians in the World. Casa Matemática Oaxaca. Oaxaca, Mex. Jun 2018.
- "Prescribed k-curvature of convex closed hypersurfaces in $H^n$ and $S^n$ : a fully nonlinear elliptic problem".Yorkshire and Durham Geometry Days. Durham University. Durham, UK. Mar 2018.
- "Fully nonlinear PDE on the sphere from prescribed curvature problem in
British Mathematical Colloquium. Durham, UK. Apr 2017.
- "On the Minkowski Problem in Hyperbolic Space".
9th European Conference on Elliptic and Parabolic Problems.
Insitut für Mathematik Universität Zürich. Gaeta, Italy. May 2016.
- "On the Existence of Convex Surfaces with Prescribed k-symmetric Curvatures".
Geometry and Topology seminar. Durham University. Nov 2015.